The 400 MHz instruments can routinely perform liquid-state NMR experiments. We have 5 mm and 10 mm sample capabilities, investigating anything from a few micrograms to very large, dilute spin systems (e.g. 13C, 15C, 29Si).
We carry out all routine 1D and 2D pulse sequences, such as DEPT, COSY, NOESY, HSQC, HMBC etc.
We also variable temperature capabilities, from 25°C (ambient) to 125°C.
We can perform solid-state NMR experiments at both 270 and 360 MHz. We have magic-angle spinning and cross-polarization magic- angle sample spinning capabilities, with Al-free probes, and fast MAS rates - up to over 14 kHz. Where necessary (e.g. 29Si) we can provide spectral deconvolutions of your spectra.
SDS personnel have extensive experience in quantitative solid-state NMR, e.g. 133Cs and 27Al, as well as qualitative 13C CPMAS of polymers and other organic species.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the turnaround time?
Typically, 2 to 5 business days. If you need the data faster, our Spectral Express service will get the results to you within 1 - 2 business days.
2. I have a problem, can NMR help?
3. Can you run (fill in your favorite nuclide) NMR?
If it has an NMR active nucleus, we can run it. Some of the rarer nuclides we have run include 183W, 33S, and 109Ag.
4. Can NMR be used to quantitate different species present in a mixture?
Yes, it is used extensively for this. Some of the common project upon which we work include polymer monomeric composition and wt-% purity (qNMR) determinations on pharmaceutical products.
5. Can NMR be used for morphology studies?
Yes, solid-state NMR is frequently used for morphology studies, such as quantitating the amounts of different crystal forms in a system.
6. How are data sent and archived?
Free induction decays are saved on permanent disk, of which two copies are archived. Original spectra are routinely sent via overnight express, and copies are retained in our archives. Spectra can also be PDF emailed as scanned data, free induction decays, or as ASCII x,y pairs.
7. Do you provide interpretation?
Yes, routine interpretation is included at no charge.
8. I received my spectra, and I want them plotted differently. Is this possible?
Yes, just call and let us know what is required.
Our Price Schedule
Prices effective January 1st, 2018
- 270 MHz Instrument: $100/hr
- 360 MHz Instrument: $115/hr
- 400 MHz Instrument: $120/hr
- Surcharge for VT or Air-sensitive: $15/hr
- Spectral Express: $140/hr*
- PDF Emailed: $5/spectrum
- Minimum Sample Charge: $75
* Express overnight data services. Subject to availability. Please inquire.